By the Department of Global Communications
The coronavirus pandemic presents an opportunity for the human family to act in solidarity and turn this crisis into an impetus to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
“The United Nations – and our global network of country offices — will support all Governments to ensure that the global economy and the people we serve emerge stronger from this crisis,” said Secretary-General António Guterres in his recent statement, expressing his firm determination to prevent the crisis from derailing sustainable development efforts while laying out a vision for the affected to build back better.
Here are some examples of how the United Nations is fighting back against the threat of the COVID-19:
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Water and Sanitation
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 10: Reduce Inequalities
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships